Our reference list of core health and wellness resources. These are the products & tools we actually use. The mentors & sources we study. Developed and honed through years of research and personal application. We are grateful to the teachers and experts that have guided us (several listed below).
This is a quick reference / actionable tool with direct links, enabling you to take action (e.g. order, buy, listen, read, watch, share with others).
Big ass disclaimer. Check with your wellness provider (both mental and physical) and do your own research. While these have worked in our experience & have been recommended by outstanding wellness experts, these are merely our opinions and by no means constitute medical advice. Be well.
*Disclosure: some of these link to Amazon and other affiliates making it easy for you to order. We get paid a tiny commission from qualifying purchases. We never link to anything we don't use and believe in. Thanks for your support.
Supplements (Daily): Minerals | Vitamins | Co-enzymes
- Magnesium Blend (contains every key form of magnesium, in exactly the right ratio, in one capsule)
- Fulvic Acid / Trace Mineral Concentrate (added into glass of water with lemon & pinch of salt for morning detox/hydration)
- Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2 (liposomal)
- Plant-based, raw, whole food Multivitamin for Men and for Women
- Probiotic (soil-based)
- Vitamin C (Camu Camu)
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)
- B-Complex (with Metafolin L-5-MTHF)
- Ubiquinol — CoQ10
- Advanced Enzymes
Supplements (Daily): Anti-Inflammatory | Brain Function | Mood/Stress/Anxiety
- MCT Oil (blended in coffee)
- Lithium Orotate
- Inositol (sometimes referred to as B-8)
- Mushroom Powder Blend (Lion's Mane, Reishi, Cordyceps, Maitake, Shiitake, Turkey Tail, Chaga)
Mood | Stress | Anxiety
Supplements (as needed): Sleep Aids
Supplements (as needed): Immune Boosting
Supplements we're now buying in bulk - less waste / huge savings
Starting spring 2020 (during C-19 related belt-tightening) we moved to buying in bulk and making our own capsules (or adding to smoothies). After doing the math, we found on average we could reduce our costs by over 80% while also cutting out all the waste stemming from excessive packaging (bottles, lids, etc) and frequent shipments (every 1-2 mos).
Minerals | Vitamins | Herbs
- Ashwagandha Root Powder
- Camu Camu Powder
- Magnesium Chloride USP (caps only — taste is really rough)
- Turmeric Root Powder (with Curcumin)
Make your own capsules — it isn't hard
Personal Care Products: Oral Care | Body Care
We highly recommend listening to these books (vs reading them). We believe that the crucial information can be retained better by listening, and can be worked in more easily to busy schedules (e.g listening during commute, while doing chores, walking/exercising, etc.). Some are teachings to be studied and others are practice guides -- so yes, they require a bit of work. Think of these as investments where you get out what you put in. Well worth the effort.
As the saying goes “When the student is ready, the teacher appears” Are you ready?
Start here — pick one of these — our top 3
- Full Catastrophe Living Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness — Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Positivity Groundbreaking Research Reveals How to Embrace the Hidden Strength of Positive Emotions, Overcome Negativity, and Thrive — Barbara Fredrickson
- Turning the Mind Into an Ally — Sakyong Mipham, (Pema Chödrön)
Psychology (Behavioral | Applied Positive)
- Positive Intelligence Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential and How You Can Achieve Yours — Shirzad Chamine
- The Power of Now A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment — Eckhart Tolle
- Focus The Hidden Driver of Excellence — Daniel Goleman
- Head Strong The Bulletproof Plan to Activate Untapped Brain Energy to Work Smarter and Think Faster - in Just Two Weeks — Dave Asprey
- The Divided Mind — John E. Sarno
Spiritual Growth | Personal Development
- Wherever You Go There You — Jon Kabat-Zinn (Meditation: Insight)
- A Path with Heart A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life — Jack Kornfield (Meditation: Heart opening)
- Radical Acceptance Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha — Tara Brach (Meditations: Integration)
- The War of Art Winning the Inner Creative Battle — Steven Pressfield (Unblocking)
- The Daily Stoic 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living — Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman
- The Obstacle Is the Way The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph — Ryan Holiday
Relationship (to others)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People — Dale Carnegie
- The Lost Art of Good Conversation — Sakyong Mipham
- Embrace the Sun — Are you dying in the dark? Improve Dour health, extend your life and lighten your mood! — Marc B.Sorenson, Ed. D. and William B. Grant, Ph.D.
These constitute scientific or philosophical lineages — we are passing the torch.
[I’ve been particularly drawn to both those that are more like architects (working behind the scenes to make the world a different place) and to those that are warriors (grabbing something by the throat, thrusting it forward into mainstream consciousness)].
We believe some universal truths (wisdom) do exist — and we have a burning desire to find them.
Ask yourself this question: "Who are my mentors"? Are they truly serving me? Does their guidance feel right? (i.e trust your gut) Are they continuing a lineage of knowledge that makes sense, is rational, is kind, is wise, is selfless, is loving (e.g in service of what is good and true)?
Uncovering what has been lost to science. We (like our many of our mentors) dig up research that has been lost: either brushed aside as “better” thinking came along, or fell out of favor for reasons not based on the science, rather due to things like political or industry interests. [Eg. food as medicine, power of body to heal, mind/body connection, psychology]
A few include:
- Westin Price
- Charles Bass
- Stoics: Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, Epictetus. Another good video about stoicism here. Stoicism is foundational to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy aka — CBT
- Sam Harris
- Tim Ferriss
- Dr. John Sarno
- Michael Pollan
- Gautama Buddha (aka Buddha)
- Dr. Steve Koral
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Loch Kelly
- Sharon Salzberg
- Jack Kornfield
- Tara Brach
- Kristen Neff
- Roland Griffiths
- Richard Wiesman