Work with Akamai
We’re in need of part-time help in assisting day to day operations to help grow Akamai Basics.
We are seeking a person that is among other things: sharp as shit, doesn’t take things personally, loves to work hard and get things done, is technically astute, and a quick learner. Help us as we revolutionize the world of personal care.
One of your goals should be to evolve into our full time Webstore / Operations Mgr after the first year.
Location: Remote (most of the team is based in CO, founders are in Boulder)
Hours: Part-time: (initially 10-15hrs/ week. Then ramping up as we grow together.)
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Customer Service.
- Website / Webstore Management.
- Sales & Marketing Operations Collaborator.
- Vendor & Inventory Lead.
- Contribute to 1% better daily improvements across the organization.
- Help team stay on track with identified goals (think EOS / Rocket Fuel).
- Bookkeeping, admin support & remote office management support (e.g. G Suite).
- College degree.
- Hospitality, wellness background, or training preferred (or field where serving others is paramount. Where egos get checked at the door and an ethos is instilled to serve — getting things done carefully and efficiently).
- Familiar with GTD (Getting Things Done) & EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) methodologies. Or open to adopting/practicing.
- B2C e-commerce experience.
- 4-6 years work experience in Operations and/or Customer Service Management.
- Worked in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environment.
Current Open Position:
MUST HAVE: VALUES / TRAITS / SKILLS:
Our Core Values. Do these resonate with you? We practice and strive to:
- Adapt, improvise, improve, and overcome.
- Work the problem ("can-do attitude" vs condemning, criticizing, or complaining).
- Not taking things personally.
- Drive change in the personal care space by waking people up to what is really going on and radically changing it for the better. (A burning desire to fix “big” problems & make the world a better place).
- Be of service — serving others (and missions) is in your DNA.
- Wellness focused & committed to personal development — both as individuals and as an entity.
- Go slow to get smooth, get smooth to go fast (ready, aim, fire — repeat).
- Excellent communicator and “get the job” done in a clear and transparent way.
- Sharp, bright, and fast thinker/learner.
- Detail-oriented. You care about details.
- Discerning ability to glean what’s most important and act on it.
- Organized & proficient at basic project management.
- Entrepreneurial & risk-tolerant — calm under pressure.
- Skilled at solving problems creatively with strong analytical abilities. You are good at figuring stuff out.
- Proactive and self-motivated/managed. Driven by continuous improvement.
- Good listener absorbing information carefully and meticulously.
- Multi-tasker & doer you excel at getting things done (vs a thinker or overly expansive). Both co-founders are deep thinkers. We need doers and executors!
Interested? We want to meet you. Apply today!
Akamai is the wise care of your person.
Healthy personal care essentials, delivered right to your door via subscription and “on demand” service. We believe clean and healthy teeth, skin and hair can be achieved with a back to basics approach that is reasonably priced and completely focused on health using only natural ingredients that are good enough to eat.Our mission is help people break free from the modern mainstream personal care paradigm of “too many products, chemicals and complexity” that comes with a high cost to our health, wallets and environment. We believe there is nothing normal about what has become “the norm”. We believe less is more.
We are a startup led by seasoned entrepreneurs adept at at innovation and identifying, harnessing & fueling trends. We have the ability to create kickass products & brands that spawn customer / media evangelists and fuel a word-of-mouth engine while changing the world for the better. We thrive is a positive “let’s make this happen” environment.Our last endeavour, reuseit.com, was an important catalyst in the reusables movement helping thrust the use and toss issue into mainstream awareness. We also empowered our 300,000+ customers to save an estimated 1.1 billion use-and-toss items. Reuseit earned hundreds media mentions incl. New York Times, ABC News and an endorsement in An Inconvenient Truth, by Al Gore, was Inc 500 (#153), and donated over $200,000 to high impact social causes.
Interested in working with us?
Apply above to a position that fits, or, if you don't see one please email us your resume, and explain how your unique ability can help us catapult our company to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line: "Candidate for Employment". We're in need of freelancers to help (especially if you're a Shopify expert or sales expert to work with influencers like Dr. Mark Hyman, Luke Story, Tim Ferriss or high impact, no BS influencers of ilk).